Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to add spaces

So, I have a new Mac mini on the latest version of Mojave and for some reason I no longer have the + button at the top right to add Spaces.

I can make apps full screen (which sort of creates a new space) and if I drag an app onto the Spaces bar it will create a Space for that app, but I can't just add one.

Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 8:59 AM

Move your mouse to either the left side or right side of mission control for the + to appear.

This would depend on where you Dock is located. Try moving your Dock location if in doubt.

Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 13, 2019 7:53 AM in response to DCraig

Good morning DCraig,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are not seeing the + icon to add a new space in Mission Control on your new Mac mini. The + symbol is still intact in the application. You may need to change the resolution in the display settings of System Preferences on your Mac to see it in the top right corner of the screen.

Use Mission Control on your Mac

Use external monitors with your Mac

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display

Take care.

Mar 13, 2019 8:44 AM in response to i_rina

Hi @i_rina,

Thanks so much for being the only person so far to take time to help.

I looked at the articles you mention and none of them seem to help. I would understand if the + sign to add Spaces were not visible because it was offscreen because of a resolution or overscan issue. And I manually adjusted screen resolution to ridiculously small sizes just to see if it helps. Oddly, everything works perfectly when connected to my MacBook Pro and MacPro. The problem seems to be specific to this Mini.

And on the Mini, the dock is visible on the right of the monitor as are the controls for Notification Center: so the entire screen is visible. Just no + bit for Spaces.

Since the Mac mini is less than a week old I'll schedule a visit to the Apple Store and waste a Genius' time with this. I'll post back here with an answer.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer help.

Not able to add spaces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.