Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch repeats same song

My iPod touch will keep repeating the same song until I either tap another song or hit shuffle.

Then the new song does the same thing, repeats until I do the above.

I've had the device for a few years now and it just recently started doing this.

I checked to see if there was a "repeat" thingie next to the play and shuffle thingies but there's not.

I've check settings and there is nothing there.

Everything else on the device works fine.

iPod Touch

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 3:39 AM

My iPod touch will keep repeating the same song until I either tap another song or hit shuffle.

That's because you have Repeat 1 on.

• tap the Now Playing banner to bring up the full Now Playing screen
  • below the controls you will now see the Shuffle and Repeat buttons
  • The Repeat icon will be red (which tells you it is on), and there will be a small 1 in the arrows. This means that the player will repeat that one song until you stop it
  • In the screenshot below, both the Shuffle and the Repeat icons are red, which means they are both on. Notice though that the Repeat icon has the 1 in it, so the player will not shuffle to another song - because you have it set to Repeat 1

• tap the Repeat icon to turn off the Repeat 1 feature.

The repeat button cycles through the following each time you tap it:

• Off - when the playlist finishes, the player will stop
    • Repeat - when the current list has finished, that list will play again
    • Repeat 1 - the same song will play over and over until you stop the player or move to a different song
    • Off

In the screenshot above, Shuffle is on and Repeat is off

In the screenshot above, Shuffle is on and Repeat is on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 3:39 AM in response to Parker_007

That's because you have Repeat 1 on.

• tap the Now Playing banner to bring up the full Now Playing screen
  • below the controls you will now see the Shuffle and Repeat buttons
  • The Repeat icon will be red (which tells you it is on), and there will be a small 1 in the arrows. This means that the player will repeat that one song until you stop it
  • In the screenshot below, both the Shuffle and the Repeat icons are red, which means they are both on. Notice though that the Repeat icon has the 1 in it, so the player will not shuffle to another song - because you have it set to Repeat 1

• tap the Repeat icon to turn off the Repeat 1 feature.

The repeat button cycles through the following each time you tap it:

• Off - when the playlist finishes, the player will stop
    • Repeat - when the current list has finished, that list will play again
    • Repeat 1 - the same song will play over and over until you stop the player or move to a different song
    • Off

In the screenshot above, Shuffle is on and Repeat is off

In the screenshot above, Shuffle is on and Repeat is on.

iPod touch repeats same song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.