Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a playlist on my iPod?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 3:27 AM

1. From the Music Library, go into the Playlists menu
  2. Tap the New Playlist icon at the top of the Playlists screen
  3. tap the Add Music icon
  4. navigate to and select the songs you want (and follow the on-screen prompts that let you know what you can do next)
  5. You can also name the Playlist and give it a description. Just tap on the relevant area
  6. click on Done to finish

Alternatively:

1. From the Songs menu
    1. tap and hold any song title and a pop-up menu appears
    2. tap the option Add to Playlist
    3. tap on New Playlist
  2. From the following menus:
      1. Artist/albums - tap and hold an album title to add complete album or go into the album and select particular songs...
      2. Genre/genre type - tap and hold on an album title to add complete album or go into the album and select particular songs...
      3. Compilations - tap and hold on an album title to add complete album or go into the album and select particular songs....
      4. Playlists (yes, you can add an existing Playlist to a new Playlist) - tap and hold on a Playlist name to add complete Playlist or go into the Playlist and select particular songs...
    • ... and when the pop-up menu appears, choose New Playlist

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 3:27 AM in response to bellamy241

1. From the Music Library, go into the Playlists menu
  2. Tap the New Playlist icon at the top of the Playlists screen
  3. tap the Add Music icon
  4. navigate to and select the songs you want (and follow the on-screen prompts that let you know what you can do next)
  5. You can also name the Playlist and give it a description. Just tap on the relevant area
  6. click on Done to finish

Alternatively:

1. From the Songs menu
    1. tap and hold any song title and a pop-up menu appears
    2. tap the option Add to Playlist
    3. tap on New Playlist
  2. From the following menus:
      1. Artist/albums - tap and hold an album title to add complete album or go into the album and select particular songs...
      2. Genre/genre type - tap and hold on an album title to add complete album or go into the album and select particular songs...
      3. Compilations - tap and hold on an album title to add complete album or go into the album and select particular songs....
      4. Playlists (yes, you can add an existing Playlist to a new Playlist) - tap and hold on a Playlist name to add complete Playlist or go into the Playlist and select particular songs...
    • ... and when the pop-up menu appears, choose New Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.