Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found a new/fake apple website: Must be aware

I was notified by an apple website that my account was going to be closed: However I logged in and they asked for my social security number and account number. I fell for this once before but wanted to be ready for it now: I thought you should know about this.

[Link Edited by Host]

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 9:14 AM

Unfortunately this one is all too common. Apple will never send any such message by any method, and will never ask you to 'veryify' you account to prevent it being closed down. If they do have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you, they willwait for you to find out and contact them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 9:14 AM in response to JoeyBcool55

Unfortunately this one is all too common. Apple will never send any such message by any method, and will never ask you to 'veryify' you account to prevent it being closed down. If they do have to lock your account for security reasons they won't tell you, they willwait for you to find out and contact them.

Found a new/fake apple website: Must be aware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.