Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove http://iyfsearch.com/ hijack

How can I rid my iMac of this malware, iyfsearch.com?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 5:11 PM

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply:

Also assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 5:11 PM in response to nitejazz

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply:

Also assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Mar 15, 2019 3:14 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, I found and downloaded Etrecheck ran the scan on my laptop which was also infected (thanks to Firefox Sync) and found the offending lines of code and fixed the problem on both computers. That is a great program, even tho it doesn't much like my 10 year old Macbook Pro or iMac. Thank you for the help.

The report was 36 pages in length so I haven't included it here. The instructions on repairing the problem were detailed, deadly accurate and easy to follow. I am going to get Etrecheck for the other 4 of our legacy iMacs and Macbooks. The reports were excellent and very helpful.

-j

remove http://iyfsearch.com/ hijack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.