Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Imovie for OSX 10.13.6 El Capitan

Hello,

I have a mid 2009 macbook pro. I need to update my imovie. I am running OSX 10.13.6 El Capitan. I can't update it from the App store. Is there a link to the latest version of Imovie that I can run?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2019 8:45 AM

Hi, gaylefromny,

Try putting your present iMovie app, the one you want to update, from the Applications folder into the trash, but don't empty the trash. Now go to the Purchases section of the online app store and see if it has an update or download option for iMovie. iMovie 10.1.6 is the latest version that El Capitan can run. Hopefully it will update to that version.

If the update doesn't work or is unavailable, remove iMovie from the trash and return it to the applications folder.

If you are upgrading from iMovie 9 you will need to have version 9.0.9.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2019 8:45 AM in response to gaylefromny

Hi, gaylefromny,

Try putting your present iMovie app, the one you want to update, from the Applications folder into the trash, but don't empty the trash. Now go to the Purchases section of the online app store and see if it has an update or download option for iMovie. iMovie 10.1.6 is the latest version that El Capitan can run. Hopefully it will update to that version.

If the update doesn't work or is unavailable, remove iMovie from the trash and return it to the applications folder.

If you are upgrading from iMovie 9 you will need to have version 9.0.9.

-- Rich

Need Imovie for OSX 10.13.6 El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.