Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bootcamp

I installed Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) with MacOS 10.14.3 using Bootcamp Assistant and it seems that the bluetooth is not working.  It is discovering my bluetooth devices but not connecting them. I tried everything that I could do (all the fixes that I was able to find on google) but still don't seem to find the solution to this problem. Anyone please help me!! 

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 15, 2019 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 11:54 PM

1. Tried to install Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth driver by updating the driver of Bluetooth Radio in Device Manager but that didn't work. I don't have anything such as 'Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth' under the Bluetooth Radio sub-tree.
  2. Tried to turn on the Bluetooth Collaboration in the Broadcom Adapter driver in Device Manager but did not find the settings of Bluetooth Collaboration at all there.
  3. Tried to re-install the Windows 10 without the Fall Creators Update but that did not work as well.
  4. Tried to uninstall MotionInJoy game driver - but did not find that driver at all even after checking the Show Hidden Devices box in View menu of Device Manager.
  5. Tried to install the Boot Camp drivers for Windows again by downloading them from my MacOS but that didn't work as well.

I am really so ****** off right now as everything else works just fine but the bluetooth.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2019 11:54 PM in response to Loner T

1. Tried to install Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth driver by updating the driver of Bluetooth Radio in Device Manager but that didn't work. I don't have anything such as 'Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth' under the Bluetooth Radio sub-tree.
  2. Tried to turn on the Bluetooth Collaboration in the Broadcom Adapter driver in Device Manager but did not find the settings of Bluetooth Collaboration at all there.
  3. Tried to re-install the Windows 10 without the Fall Creators Update but that did not work as well.
  4. Tried to uninstall MotionInJoy game driver - but did not find that driver at all even after checking the Show Hidden Devices box in View menu of Device Manager.
  5. Tried to install the Boot Camp drivers for Windows again by downloading them from my MacOS but that didn't work as well.

I am really so ****** off right now as everything else works just fine but the bluetooth.

Mar 20, 2019 3:13 AM in response to Loner T

This is a bit odd but when I used pnputil.exe then it does not show the Bluetooth radio provided by Microsoft in the list, it only shows the Bluetooth Radio that is of my Bluetooth Dongle installed before. However in the Device Manager it shows that there is Bluetooth Radio installed provided by Microsoft. I am attaching the screenshots in this reply.

Mar 17, 2019 2:13 AM in response to oneil1868

This indicates that you are using a generic Windows BT driver, because Windows thinks that it has a better driver than the Apple-provided Broadcom BC driver. You may have to uninstall and remove the current driver, and install the BC driver and disallow Windows from updating BT/WiFi driver.

Mar 17, 2019 3:11 AM in response to Loner T

I uninstalled the Bluetooth Radio provided by Windows and tried to disallow Windows from updating the drivers automatically by add a new key to the registry that says ExlcudeWUDriversInQualityUpdate and setting its value to 1. And after that I installed Apple’s Broadcom Bluetooth driver but somehow Windows is installing the Bluetooth Radio back immediately after I install Apple Broadcom Bluetooth driver. Am I correctly disallowing windows from updating drivers automatically?

Mar 18, 2019 12:58 AM in response to oneil1868

Remove the generic driver from the DrvStore using pnputil.exe. Change the policy to allow driver installation, but do not connect to the internet, install the BC driver and verify. Once you can verify it, then enable this policy to disallow any future updates and re-verify. Now you can test connecting to the internet and testing BT.

If you disable the updates using these steps, you will not be able to install drivers. See https://www.maketecheasier.com/block-driver-updates-specific-devices-windows10/ as a reference, which uses specific PID/VIDs. Windows is installing based on partial PID/VID matches, which should be disabled. You should only install drivers which match both PID and VID.

Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.