Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported pictures not appearing in Photos

This problem just started. When I import my pictures into Photos application on my Mac, they do not appear in "Imports" or "Moments, Collections or Years" in the Photos album, etc. If I reimport, it says "duplicate." I can search for the picture in "Moments" by file name (example IMG_2706) and I can find that specific photo. If I tag it someway, it appears in "My Albums" for smart albums I've created. I'm assuming some preference or something got corrupted somehow? It may or may not be related but I had just made that Photos library my "System Photo Library" (I have a LOT of libraries due to the number of pictures I take). I've relaunched program, restarted my Mac, and nothing changes. My workaround is to just view "Photos" not "Moments"

Thanks for any advice anyone has.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 11:28 AM

If you are not seeing the new photos in the Moments, the date you set in your camera may be incorrect. Have you checked the date of the photos you are seeing in All Photos?

If the dates are correct, but the photos do not appear in the Moments at all, you may want to repair your library

See: .Repair your library in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

But repairing the library will result in a new upload of your library to iCloud.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2019 11:28 AM in response to David Klenske

If you are not seeing the new photos in the Moments, the date you set in your camera may be incorrect. Have you checked the date of the photos you are seeing in All Photos?

If the dates are correct, but the photos do not appear in the Moments at all, you may want to repair your library

See: .Repair your library in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

But repairing the library will result in a new upload of your library to iCloud.

Imported pictures not appearing in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.