Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone

recently my iphone 6s just kept saying it was dead while charging. i woke up every morning with it on the charger and it would still say it’s dead. i kept it on the charger and would take it off and try to turn it on. some times that would work, but now it doesn’t. my phone does not work at all. i switched sim cards into another phone and none of my information was on there. i can’t access my email due to forgetting my password, but it also is only using my old phone number and it won’t let me use any other way without saying that it cannot confirm that it is me. this all has been really frustrating. i do not want to lose my pictures or notes.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 17, 2019 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2019 8:12 AM

If your device no longer holds a charge then it could require a new battery, you need to arrange a Genius appointment and let Apple confirm that, they may, depending on how busy and if they have one in stock do it while you wait (about a couple of hours normally).

It’s probably the only way you will retrieve the information contained on the iPhone, but normally when you take devices in for repair it’s wise to have made a backup, sounds as though you didn’t or couldn’t do that.

With regards to your SIM card, I don’t believe iPhone's store contact info on them, so there will be nothing to extract by the other device - they can though take info off that was added by other makes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2019 8:12 AM in response to bee7843

If your device no longer holds a charge then it could require a new battery, you need to arrange a Genius appointment and let Apple confirm that, they may, depending on how busy and if they have one in stock do it while you wait (about a couple of hours normally).

It’s probably the only way you will retrieve the information contained on the iPhone, but normally when you take devices in for repair it’s wise to have made a backup, sounds as though you didn’t or couldn’t do that.

With regards to your SIM card, I don’t believe iPhone's store contact info on them, so there will be nothing to extract by the other device - they can though take info off that was added by other makes.

phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.