Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No plus sign on wallet

I can’t add my card to the wallet app for Apple Pay since there’s no plus sign at all within the app. I’ve done all the suggested solutions I found including signing out of my iCloud > turning off the passcode > hard reset > turning both on again > test adding a card. I have an iPhone 7 with an up to date iOS. Any idea what else I can do?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 1:57 PM

Hi Joseph,

Aghh. I’m such an idiot. I somehow missed the Language and Region part. I always just assumed it would be Hong Kong SAR. I even reset my settings back to default. Finally am able to add my cards! Thank you so much for trying to figure this out with me!

Cheers!

5 replies

Mar 20, 2019 7:05 AM in response to tweekat

Hello tweekat,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to add a card to Wallet on your iPhone 7. You've come to the right place for help.

Let's start by making confirming you meet the requirements for adding cards to Wallet, following the "Make sure that you can add a card" section here:

Get help adding cards to Wallet - Apple Support

After that, follow the steps under the "Try to add a card" section. You may also want to try to add a card from Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, instead of within Wallet. Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Mar 20, 2019 1:09 PM in response to tweekat

Hi tweekat,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional information. From Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps, I would like to have you confirm Wallet is turned on. 

Here's more information about how you can allow access to built-in apps and features using Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

After that, go to Settings > General > Profiles. You'll also want to check that there are no profiles installed that will prevent access to Wallet & Apple Pay. If you need to delete a profile, here's how to do so:

How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If Wallet & Apple Pay is still missing in Settings, I suggest reaching out to Apple Support:

Apple - Support - Product Selection

Take care.

Mar 20, 2019 10:28 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hi! Yes, Hong Kong users are eligible for Apple Pay. There is no Wallet & Apple Pay in my settings apart from when I search "Wallet" within settings and it gives me Wallet under Touch ID & Passcode. :( I remember a prompt before about setting Apple Pay up, back when I first got the phone, I dismissed it and haven't tried to use it until now.

No plus sign on wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.