Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch dropping calls

I also have an Apple Watch series 4 that I have since mid October 2018. For a few weeks now when answering or making calls from the watch the call gets dropped 5-10 seconds into the call. Is there something that I can do to get this fixed.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 5:59 PM

Use the Explorer watch face (with the LTE dots in the center) to check your signal strength during a call - and be aware the signal when the call is active may not be the same as when the device is at standby so you need to watch both conditions. If the signal level drops during the callctive cell, so check again in a different location, and call your network to check for system faults or maintenance.

If you can’t see any obvious problems your Series 4 is still in warranty, so you could also Contact Apple Support and arrange to get your watch checked by Apple. If the problem is every call the best check would be a Genius Bar appointment so you can demonstrate the problem face to face.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2019 5:59 PM in response to Mrent31

Use the Explorer watch face (with the LTE dots in the center) to check your signal strength during a call - and be aware the signal when the call is active may not be the same as when the device is at standby so you need to watch both conditions. If the signal level drops during the callctive cell, so check again in a different location, and call your network to check for system faults or maintenance.

If you can’t see any obvious problems your Series 4 is still in warranty, so you could also Contact Apple Support and arrange to get your watch checked by Apple. If the problem is every call the best check would be a Genius Bar appointment so you can demonstrate the problem face to face.

Apple Watch dropping calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.