Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

I have music and movies purchased under my username. I joined family share to share with my spouse but none of the purchased music or movies show up on her devices.

What gives?

Posted on Mar 19, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 7:02 AM

From iCloud: Set up Family Sharing to use with iCloud.com.

Note: Family members can choose not to share their purchases. 

Change Family Sharing settings

You can manage your Family Sharing settings, including whether to share your purchases with family members.

• On an iOS device (iOS 10.3 or later): Go to Settings > [your name], tap Family Sharing, then tap your name.
  • On an iOS device (iOS 10.2 or earlier): Go to Settings > iCloud, tap Family, then tap your name.
  • On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click iCloud, click Manage Family, then select your name on the left.

If I recall correctly any hidden purchases are not shared.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2019 7:02 AM in response to KV-Mac

From iCloud: Set up Family Sharing to use with iCloud.com.

Note: Family members can choose not to share their purchases. 

Change Family Sharing settings

You can manage your Family Sharing settings, including whether to share your purchases with family members.

• On an iOS device (iOS 10.3 or later): Go to Settings > [your name], tap Family Sharing, then tap your name.
  • On an iOS device (iOS 10.2 or earlier): Go to Settings > iCloud, tap Family, then tap your name.
  • On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click iCloud, click Manage Family, then select your name on the left.

If I recall correctly any hidden purchases are not shared.

tt2

Apr 21, 2019 4:04 PM in response to turingtest2

Hopefully this will change. I have an eight and a three year old and this process is the opposite of what I expect from Apple. This is not user friendly and actually makes it harder on me as I have 200 movies, TV shows and Apps. I have to look up each time to see if I have it before allowing a purchase.

Please fix fix this as this is not acceptable.

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.