Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp could not partition drive

Received a factory reset Macbook pro (made mid 2014) in Mac Mojave. I have tried about 7 times to install windows 10 in the computer with Bootcamp, every single time it says "your disk could not be partitioned". I have checked disk utility, nothing wrong. I have done some things in terminal e.g. the /sbin/fsck -fy and others but it says it couldnt recognise part of the command (warning: command -y not recognised, ignoring), and it says nothing is wrong. I would like to try to manually partition the size of the drive I want, but where I find people talking about it, they never go into detail on what to do. Like how do I select Bootcamp to use that part of the drive that I just made for windows? I also need to do the April update ISO, since mac says the USB isnt big enough for the October update ISO even though the USB is 16gb. I have tried to completely erase the USB and format it as MS-DOS, but it couldn't. I tried twice by removing everything from ports except the USB, nothing worked. I have tried making a very small windows size to see if that fixes it, same error. This is getting VERY frustrating, please help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 3:53 AM

The October 1809 ISO has files which are larger than 4GB, and do not fit on a FAT-formatted USB, so 1803 is the better option.

Are you on High Sierra/Mojave? if yes, post the output of

sudo fsck_apfs -n -l /dev/rdisk1

from macOS Terminal.

Similar questions

3 replies

Bootcamp could not partition drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.