Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay

I sent money through Apple Pay and they are not able to receive it. Is there anyway I can get my money back?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 20, 2019 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2019 8:10 AM

See the following from Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

If you send money to someone who hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment. Here's how:

1. Open Messages and go to the payment. Or go to the payment in transaction history. 
  2. Tap the payment to see its details, then check the Status field. 
  3. Tap Cancel Payment. The Status field updates to say Canceled. If you
  4. don't see the option to cancel, then the person has already accepted
  5. the payment. Try asking the person to send money back to you instead. 

If you reject or cancel a payment, the money will be refunded by the next business day depending on your bank or card issuer. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2019 8:10 AM in response to mikayla151

See the following from Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

If you send money to someone who hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment. Here's how:

1. Open Messages and go to the payment. Or go to the payment in transaction history. 
  2. Tap the payment to see its details, then check the Status field. 
  3. Tap Cancel Payment. The Status field updates to say Canceled. If you
  4. don't see the option to cancel, then the person has already accepted
  5. the payment. Try asking the person to send money back to you instead. 

If you reject or cancel a payment, the money will be refunded by the next business day depending on your bank or card issuer. 

Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.