Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 ios 12.1.4 “cannot connect to network”

I just got an iPhone 8, restore from iCloud went smoothly and I updated to iOS 12.1.4. While some apps work fine (Twitter, Maps), others like Facebook give me a “cannot connect to network” error. Siri also just sits and blinks stupidly. Most confusingly, Yahoo Mail will download new messages but won’t delete the ones I don’t want - same error message.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 22, 2019 2:02 PM

8 replies

Mar 24, 2019 12:46 PM in response to LA-GregB

Hello LA-GregB,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that some of your apps work while other's of them give you an error saying "cannot connect to network". Make sure that the cellular settings are enabled if you wish to use these apps with mobile data and Wi-Fi. The following article will provide you with information on checking cellular data usage which you may find helpful:

View or change cellular settings on iPhone - Apple Support

"Set whether cellular data is used for apps and services. Go to Settings > Cellular, then turn Cellular Data on or off for any app that can use cellular data. If a setting is off, iPhone uses only Wi-Fi for that service. The iTunes setting includes both iTunes Match and automatic downloads from the iTunes Store and the App Store."

Best Regards.

Iphone 8 ios 12.1.4 “cannot connect to network”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.