Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers pop up menu help

I have created a somewhat complex workbook to keep track of eBay sales and would like to create a pop up menu for the rows in one of the columns (say, column D) to be able to choose from 2 different options - first being a simple selection for “$0.00”. For the second choice in the pop up, I am wondering if I can create a function/equation in the selection that will return a value = to 1% of “A+B-C”? Hopefully this makes sense...Thanks!

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 6:16 AM

Note the function cannot be within a Pop-Up itself.

It's hard to guess exactly what you are trying to accomplish but if you only have two choices, rather than several more, then perhaps a Checkbox would do what you want.

=IF(E2,1%*(A2+B2−C2),0)

BTW, there's no such thing as a "complex workbook" in Numbers. That's Excel-speak. Numbers has documents (sometimes called spreadsheets, which have sheets, which have tables and other objects.

SG

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2019 6:16 AM in response to Reid6887

Note the function cannot be within a Pop-Up itself.

It's hard to guess exactly what you are trying to accomplish but if you only have two choices, rather than several more, then perhaps a Checkbox would do what you want.

=IF(E2,1%*(A2+B2−C2),0)

BTW, there's no such thing as a "complex workbook" in Numbers. That's Excel-speak. Numbers has documents (sometimes called spreadsheets, which have sheets, which have tables and other objects.

SG

Numbers pop up menu help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.