Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will faster charging bricks work with Apple Watch Series 4??

Can I use 12w charging brick with my Apple Watch Series 4??

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 3:23 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2019 4:02 PM in response to tonithetiger68

Your Apple Watch will charge with any power adapter with minimum rating or higher provided the watch cable connects. The watch battery is relatively small so power demand is much lower than (say) an iPhone and any Apple power adapter will be fine. The external charging accessories are simply a source of volts and (milli)amps which are then controlled by the internal circuits in the watch, and the watch will take as much power as it needs for correct charging.

Up to 12W adapters have a USB port which will fit the standard magnetic cable. The port on the higher rated USB-C adapters will not fit the cable for the watch.

Mar 23, 2019 6:45 PM in response to julieda

From what I have read you can't materially improve the charging speed over the Apple charger that comes with the watch. I say, save your money.

Correct, any Apple charger has more capacity than the watch can use (the excess is simply not used, like driving a high powered car through city traffic). The main reason to use a higher rated charger is for convenience and one size fits all when traveling.

Will faster charging bricks work with Apple Watch Series 4??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.