Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't purchase music on itunes - error code 45054. I've NEVER had trouble purchasing before, then all of a sudden this happens. Looked up how to fix - the things I'm told to do don't work. Help.

HOW can I fix error 45054??

Posted on Mar 23, 2019 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 12:09 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, stevieray53!

I understand you're seeing an error when attempting a purchase in iTunes. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Have a look at the following article: If you see a -45054 error in the iTunes Store

"On a PC

1. If it's open, quit iTunes.
  2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
  3. Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search box, type %ProgramData%, then press the Return key.
  4. Show any hidden files:
  5. Windows 10: Click View, then select "Hidden items."
  6. Windows 8: Click View, then click Options. On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
  7. Windows 7: Click Organize, then "Folder and search options." On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
  8. Open the Apple Computer folder, then the iTunes folder.
  9. Delete the adi and SC Info folders: Right-click each folder and choose Delete from the menu.
  10. Restart the computer.
  11. Open iTunes and try to make a purchase."

Let us know the results.

Enjoy your day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2019 12:09 PM in response to stevieray53

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, stevieray53!

I understand you're seeing an error when attempting a purchase in iTunes. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Have a look at the following article: If you see a -45054 error in the iTunes Store

"On a PC

1. If it's open, quit iTunes.
  2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
  3. Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search box, type %ProgramData%, then press the Return key.
  4. Show any hidden files:
  5. Windows 10: Click View, then select "Hidden items."
  6. Windows 8: Click View, then click Options. On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
  7. Windows 7: Click Organize, then "Folder and search options." On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
  8. Open the Apple Computer folder, then the iTunes folder.
  9. Delete the adi and SC Info folders: Right-click each folder and choose Delete from the menu.
  10. Restart the computer.
  11. Open iTunes and try to make a purchase."

Let us know the results.

Enjoy your day!

I can't purchase music on itunes - error code 45054. I've NEVER had trouble purchasing before, then all of a sudden this happens. Looked up how to fix - the things I'm told to do don't work. Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.