Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 and charger at the same time?

How do I plug my iPhone into an MP3 and charger at the same time? I bought an ‘08 vehicle which requires me to plug into the MP3 jack to play my music, but it doesn’t charge my phone. Is the a special adapter or cable?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 8:13 AM

9 replies

Mar 25, 2019 1:29 PM in response to Limnos

I wonder if it's really just poor workmanship that's the issue or the fact in such an environment it's going to take an inevitable beating, all that plugging and unplugging is going to take it's toll, my lightning cable that's left connected to the iMac in a comfortable home setting hasn't lasted any longer than 12 months before I started getting syncing problems.

Maybe the solution is to try and cut down on the number of "mechanical" connections required, something like this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Receiver-Streaming-Cancelling-Mpow-Black-Updated-Version/dp/B00KON1JIA?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Mind you, it still requires charging, for that it has to be plugged in, back to square one again (good reviews on Amazon though).

Mar 25, 2019 11:19 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I don't know about "much better". A shade over 3 out 5 vs. 1 out of 5. A C vs. a solid F. Still the main negative complaint is it lasts a short period of time. I am guessing if you lay it down on a rock solid surface and don't move it or your device around it is okay. A bouncing car I am not so sure.

The OP needs to buy a new car every 5 years in order to keep up with Apple's changes. Isn't that the way we are supposed to do things? :-P

MP3 and charger at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.