Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not syncing on iPhone

Hi, my IMAP email accounts are suddenly not properly updating between each other. If I delete a message on my iPhone, my laptop will open my inbox and show the email has been deleted. However, if I delete any email on my laptop, the iPhone will still show that same email as unread and in my inbox. I can't seem to find a solution. Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 6:34 PM

Hey there, dantonb14

Thanks for reaching out on Apple Support Communities regarding your mail not syncing between devices.  I’d be happy to help!

It sounds like your mail is not syncing when making changes from your laptop to your iPhone.  I’d recommend checking Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data.  From there, you can see if your email accounts are set to Push, Fetch, or Manual.  You can also change how often the device will fetch data.

You can also check to ensure that your Mail settings are correct by using: Mail Settings Lookup  To see if the settings match what is on your iPhone, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Tap email account > Advanced.

You can also test to see if this occurs on a particular network or on specific devices.  For example, does it only happen when using cellular data or when on your home network?

Let us know the results and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 6:34 PM in response to dantonb14

Hey there, dantonb14

Thanks for reaching out on Apple Support Communities regarding your mail not syncing between devices.  I’d be happy to help!

It sounds like your mail is not syncing when making changes from your laptop to your iPhone.  I’d recommend checking Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data.  From there, you can see if your email accounts are set to Push, Fetch, or Manual.  You can also change how often the device will fetch data.

You can also check to ensure that your Mail settings are correct by using: Mail Settings Lookup  To see if the settings match what is on your iPhone, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Tap email account > Advanced.

You can also test to see if this occurs on a particular network or on specific devices.  For example, does it only happen when using cellular data or when on your home network?

Let us know the results and take care!

Mar 27, 2019 4:37 PM in response to dantonb14

Greetings, dantonb14!

Since your iPhone settings seem to be correct, do you normally use an email client (such as Outlook, Mail, etc.) on your laptop or check it via webmail? If you use an email client, we'd suggest checking to see if the email shows deleted via webmail. If your emails are not showing deleted in webmail, then you may want to contact your email provider to determine if there's a setting that needs to be changed on your laptop.

If you do see the changes on webmail, but not your iPhone, were you able to use the Mail Settings Lookup to determine if the settings on your iPhone are correct as well? If everything looks correct, the next step would be to remove one of the IMAP accounts and add it to your device again. If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support has the steps to walk you through that, if needed.

Have a great day!

Email not syncing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.