Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad is stuck in headphone mute when headphones are not in the jack

Hi my ipad is stuck in headphone mute when headphone are not in the jack there's no sound when I play iTunes youtube videos but there is sound for ringtones and notifications please can you help

​[Re-Titled by Host]

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 8:04 AM

You don't mention the model of your iPad. Some earlier models that support the latest iOS versions (e.g., iPad Air and iPad mini 2) incorporate a small configurable side-switch adjacent to the physical volume buttons. This switch, if present, can either mute audio or lock screen rotation.

Where a physical side-switch is present, its function is configured from Settings > General.

If you have one of these older models, check for a side-switch.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 8:04 AM in response to kerys161

You don't mention the model of your iPad. Some earlier models that support the latest iOS versions (e.g., iPad Air and iPad mini 2) incorporate a small configurable side-switch adjacent to the physical volume buttons. This switch, if present, can either mute audio or lock screen rotation.

Where a physical side-switch is present, its function is configured from Settings > General.

If you have one of these older models, check for a side-switch.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

my iPad is stuck in headphone mute when headphones are not in the jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.