Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I enable subscriptions on my iPhone?

I am trying to sign up for News +. I have tried to do so, but I encounter "Permission Denied. You don't have permission to purchase subscriptions on this iPhone." I can't find any Restrictions in the Settings app, when I check my Apple ID there is no line for subscriptions, and I cannot find anywhere that I can enable subscritptions. All I find with web searches is how do unsubscribe, which seems like a sort of convoluted process in itself.

Any ideas on how I can enable the ability for me to subscribe to News +?

Also, I have family sharing enabled, and I am the manager of the family sharing.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 1:05 AM

Apple News availability and features might vary by country or region. Learn what's available in your country or region.

Before you subscribe

Make sure that you have the latest iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and macOS software on your Mac. To subscribe to Apple News+, you need:

• An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.2 or later1
  • A Mac with macOS 10.14.4 or later

Get Apple News+

Open Apple News

On your iPhone or iPod touch: Open the News app, then tap News+ at the bottom of the screen.

On your iPad or Mac: Open the News app and tap or click News+ in the sidebar.2

Start a trial

Tap or click the trial subscription offer. (One trial per Apple ID.)

If you're using Family Sharing and someone in your family group subscribes, you'll see a message that you have access to the subscription when you open the News app.

Sign in with your Apple ID and password

You might be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Make sure that you sign in with the Apple ID that you use for App Store and iTunes Store purchases.

If you don’t have an Apple ID, follow the prompts to create one. If you're not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can help you find out.

If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.

Confirm your details

You might be asked to validate your billing info. If you are, add a valid payment method.3

If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.

Start reading

You can find the latest issues and featured stories in the News+ feed

Tap or click Featured, Browse the Catalog, or a category at the top of the News+ feed to explore what publications are available.

If you already subscribe to an individual publication, that publication might be part of Apple News+. Learn how to view and manage your current subscriptions.

Join Apple News+ in the News app - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT209513

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 1:05 AM in response to Bederka

Apple News availability and features might vary by country or region. Learn what's available in your country or region.

Before you subscribe

Make sure that you have the latest iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and macOS software on your Mac. To subscribe to Apple News+, you need:

• An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 12.2 or later1
  • A Mac with macOS 10.14.4 or later

Get Apple News+

Open Apple News

On your iPhone or iPod touch: Open the News app, then tap News+ at the bottom of the screen.

On your iPad or Mac: Open the News app and tap or click News+ in the sidebar.2

Start a trial

Tap or click the trial subscription offer. (One trial per Apple ID.)

If you're using Family Sharing and someone in your family group subscribes, you'll see a message that you have access to the subscription when you open the News app.

Sign in with your Apple ID and password

You might be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Make sure that you sign in with the Apple ID that you use for App Store and iTunes Store purchases.

If you don’t have an Apple ID, follow the prompts to create one. If you're not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can help you find out.

If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.

Confirm your details

You might be asked to validate your billing info. If you are, add a valid payment method.3

If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.

Start reading

You can find the latest issues and featured stories in the News+ feed

Tap or click Featured, Browse the Catalog, or a category at the top of the News+ feed to explore what publications are available.

If you already subscribe to an individual publication, that publication might be part of Apple News+. Learn how to view and manage your current subscriptions.

Join Apple News+ in the News app - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT209513

How do I enable subscriptions on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.