Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arial font

Hello,

I developed an application in FileMaker using only the Arial and Arial Narrow typefaces for an all-platform standardization (FileMaker Mac and Windows, iOS, Safari, Chrome).

It works well except under Windows that probably have an Arial font from another company that Apple uses.

There is a big difference in spacing and leading that makes layouts outdated on Windows.

So I would like to install the same 2 fonts on Windows computers.

Could anyone tell me which company are the Arial and Arial Narrow fonts under MacOS and where to find the equivalence for Windows?

Thank you

Ben

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2019 7:04 AM

The Arial fonts supplied with the Mac OS are from Monotype. They can all be found in the /Library/Fonts/ folder.

The Arial fonts installed by Windows are the same Monotype fonts. They're in the /Windows/Fonts/ folder. The main difference is Windows doesn't install as many of the set. In Windows 10, it includes:

Arial

Arial Bold

Arial Italic

Arial Bold Italic

Arial Black

If you want a complete set in Windows (that matches what's installed on your Mac), simply copy these fonts from your Mac over to Windows and install them:

Arial Narrow.ttf

Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf

Arial Narrow Bold.ttf

Arial Narrow Italic.ttf

Arial Rounded Bold.ttf

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2019 7:04 AM in response to Minuit

The Arial fonts supplied with the Mac OS are from Monotype. They can all be found in the /Library/Fonts/ folder.

The Arial fonts installed by Windows are the same Monotype fonts. They're in the /Windows/Fonts/ folder. The main difference is Windows doesn't install as many of the set. In Windows 10, it includes:

Arial

Arial Bold

Arial Italic

Arial Bold Italic

Arial Black

If you want a complete set in Windows (that matches what's installed on your Mac), simply copy these fonts from your Mac over to Windows and install them:

Arial Narrow.ttf

Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf

Arial Narrow Bold.ttf

Arial Narrow Italic.ttf

Arial Rounded Bold.ttf

Arial font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.