Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

150 MB restriction on Mobile Data

Hi,

How can i remove this restriction to download something (from link/Appstore) suing my mobile data.

I have huge data package in my phone and i don't care how big the data is, So how can i remove this restriction?.

is this configurable?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2019 4:12 AM

No, you can't remove it.

But keep in mind that it does not depend solely on an Apple decision. The restriction is in place not due to some limitations in iOS, but to guard the mobile service providers network against congestions (many of them have restrictions).

Depending on your country or region, and your carrier, the download limit might be higher.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2019 4:12 AM in response to faize_123

No, you can't remove it.

But keep in mind that it does not depend solely on an Apple decision. The restriction is in place not due to some limitations in iOS, but to guard the mobile service providers network against congestions (many of them have restrictions).

Depending on your country or region, and your carrier, the download limit might be higher.

Regards

Giulio

150 MB restriction on Mobile Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.