Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Music in a different country

I live in Italy where Apple Music is available, but I’m going to Macedonia for 2 weeks where I know Apple Music is not available. Can I still use my Apple Music there?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 4:49 AM

For short visits abroad, you shouldn’t change your region settings at all. Let your devices connect to their regular servers to get the familiar content and services. The issue may be getting internet access, not the (Apple) services. You do not need to fiddle about with VPNs or anything to access your home country’s Apple services.

You may want to download (more) content, in case of being offline. If you are offline for an extended time (more than 30 days I think), then your downloads from the subscription may complain about verification of the subscription status.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2019 4:49 AM in response to EvaKas

For short visits abroad, you shouldn’t change your region settings at all. Let your devices connect to their regular servers to get the familiar content and services. The issue may be getting internet access, not the (Apple) services. You do not need to fiddle about with VPNs or anything to access your home country’s Apple services.

You may want to download (more) content, in case of being offline. If you are offline for an extended time (more than 30 days I think), then your downloads from the subscription may complain about verification of the subscription status.

Using Apple Music in a different country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.