Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight missing since the newest version of Mojave 10.14....

I've reported this to apple a couple of times but I have not been notified about any solution. The spotlight has suddenly disappeared. I tracked it down into the system where spotlight is supposed to start from and upon clicking on it, it says it does not work for this system. I sent everything to apple including screenshot and case number. I even sent same problem this week but I guess nothing seems to be happening. Has anyone had same problem and how did you solve it?

I appreciate any constructive clue to solving this spotlight issue.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 12:31 PM

Lobengular wrote:

I've reported this to apple a couple of times but I have not been notified about any solution. The spotlight has suddenly disappeared. I tracked it down into the system where spotlight is supposed to start from and upon clicking on it, it says it does not work for this system. I sent everything to apple including screenshot and case number. I even sent same problem this week but I guess nothing seems to be happening. Has anyone had same problem and how did you solve it?

and you tried re-indexing spot light? How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

What do you get when you hit the command spacebar?

If you continue to have issues, then I would backup all data and boot into Recovery, and reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS.

Recovery http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2019 12:31 PM in response to Lobengular

Lobengular wrote:

and you tried re-indexing spot light? How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

What do you get when you hit the command spacebar?

If you continue to have issues, then I would backup all data and boot into Recovery, and reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS.

Recovery http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Mar 28, 2019 12:35 PM in response to leroydouglas

Yes I rebuilt spotlight by reindexing several times to no avail. I see it reindex in the maintenance section of CleanMyMac3 but after that no icon appears in the Menu Bar and so I can't use it to search anything I need. Very frustrating.

Yes I checked that with the command Spacebar. I think Siri was using that but I changed it to default but still nothing happens as to the spotlight icon coming up.

Mar 28, 2019 12:40 PM in response to Lobengular

Lobengular wrote:

Yes I rebuilt spotlight by reindexing several times to no avail. I see it reindex in the maintenance section of CleanMyMac3 but after that not icon appears in the Menu Bar. Very frustrating.
Yes I checked that with the command Spacebar. I think Siri was using that but I changed it to default but still nothing happens as to the spotlight icon coming up.

There is your problem. CleanMyMac3 cause nothing but problems on the mac—use the official uninstaller to get rid of it.

A known issues and macOS corruption.

Reinstall the macOS on top of your macOS from Recovery if there is lingering fallout from that CleanMyMac3— see post above.

Spotlight missing since the newest version of Mojave 10.14....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.