Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i find office on mac

is there a program on mac like office that i can use without paying for subscription

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 1:29 PM

Whether it is "like" Office is debatable but Apple offers Pages, Numbers & Keynote programs at no charge.

Pages - Apple

Numbers - Apple

Keynote - Apple

Another option that is free and very good is https://www.libreoffice.org/

4 replies

Mar 30, 2019 3:21 PM in response to supergirl65

The closest to MS Office compatibility is in the free LibreOffice Suite which is purposely a MS Office clone. Although Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Excel are free, they are not clones of their MS Office counterparts, and do not allow you to open Office documents in their native document format where you can edit, or save them. Everything is a translation from and to Office document formats, and that may not offer optimum compatibility.

Microsoft also offers a non-subscription, single purchase choice for Office 2019 for Mac, or for Office 2016 for Mac as well. The latter application suite is scheduled for Microsoft retirement between Sept 2020, and early 2021, so not a strategic purchase.

where can i find office on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.