Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

we cannot turn off screen mirroring on our iPhone 10's with iOS 12.2

Our iPhone 10's do not not have the option to turn off 'screen mirroring' any advice?

Both mine and my husbands iphone's

Weird? See image here - I do not have Apple TV.

I think it is causing an issue with our Sonos system.

We would appreciate any help or a fix. Thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Claudmonster wrote:

Aha! thank you. So I can rest easy knowing my iPhone is not actively running or mirroring.

It would appear that your iPhone is mirroring to X-Mirage, so I'd recommend that you first confirm that this is a legitimate use and that you're not inadvertently sending your iPhone's screen activity to someone's MacBook.

I've provided instructions how how to disconnect from screen mirroring -- does that not work?

And yes, this mirroring issue is not a Sonos issue at all, sorry I should have pointed that out explicitly.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2019 4:14 PM in response to Claudmonster

Claudmonster wrote:

Aha! thank you. So I can rest easy knowing my iPhone is not actively running or mirroring.

It would appear that your iPhone is mirroring to X-Mirage, so I'd recommend that you first confirm that this is a legitimate use and that you're not inadvertently sending your iPhone's screen activity to someone's MacBook.

I've provided instructions how how to disconnect from screen mirroring -- does that not work?

And yes, this mirroring issue is not a Sonos issue at all, sorry I should have pointed that out explicitly.

Mar 28, 2019 3:43 PM in response to Claudmonster

Claudmonster wrote:

the option to 'stop mirroring' as you can see does not pop up on our phones.

See this image of anotehr iphone - with the option. https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0e6f60dc-9d43-4b20-aee0-6fa18811fa40

First, X-Mirage is an application that lets you mirror your iPhone to a Mac or PC -- this is not an Apple TV being used as a target. In this case, Suraj has a Macbook with X-Mirage installed, and that's what your iPhone is currently Mirroring to. If you don't know what "X-Mirage" is, does your husband or anyone in your household? If not, are you on your own Wi-Fi or a neighbor's Wi-Fi -- i.e. perhaps "Siraj" is a neighbor? If it is someone in your household, try turning off X-Mirage and this should disappear from your iPhones.

Second, tapping on the circled area in the left image should result in what you've shown in the right image, just tap on "X-Miraj[Suraj MacBook Pro]" to turn off screen mirroring, or turn off X-Mirage at the source.

Mar 28, 2019 3:24 PM in response to Claudmonster

If you enter the Screen Mirroring option in Control Center, the Phone will always attempt to look for a Apple Tv to mirror to, as it expects that's what you want to do, since you are there.

Since there is no target Apple TV selected, and it cannot find an Apple TV, its always going to be searching until it finds something, or you exit out of that screen.

we cannot turn off screen mirroring on our iPhone 10's with iOS 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.