Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download iMovie...

I've had iMovie in the past, at some point I deleted it, went to re-download it as I need it for a project, and I received error 500, which meant I had to sign out and back in to iCloud on this device which signed me back in to the app store. I went to go install iMovie and I am presented with a loading wheel for a solid two minutes before it just stops downloading with no messages, or anything. I've tried it about 5 times now, nothing new.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 10:09 AM

I am not quite sure I understand the procedure you followed. You need to sign into the app store with the same Apple ID that you used to purchase iMovie, then go to your Account and the Purchased window. iMovie should be there to redownload. If you followed that procedure, check the Applications folder on your Mac to see if it downloaded.

If still no luck, try booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Then see if you can redownload.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2019 10:09 AM in response to Laxzey

I am not quite sure I understand the procedure you followed. You need to sign into the app store with the same Apple ID that you used to purchase iMovie, then go to your Account and the Purchased window. iMovie should be there to redownload. If you followed that procedure, check the Applications folder on your Mac to see if it downloaded.

If still no luck, try booting up in Safe Mode and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Then see if you can redownload.

-- Rich

Unable to download iMovie...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.