Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest Brother Control Center?

Hello! Anyone know what the latest version of the Brother Control Center for Mac is? I have tried to find this out at the Brother site and failed. I have also tried to update my Control Center, as, at the Brother site, it looks like there is a newer version than mine. (The Brother site is awful which is why I am having trouble discerning whether I have the newest version.) But it won't update. So perhaps I am wrong and I have the newest version. I have Control Center v. 2.17.10. Thanks for any info.

(If there is a newer version than this, can anyone give me an idea why it won't update? I've run the installer numerous times and it acts as if it is installing correctly - but nothing changes. I did successfully update my printer firmware, but that didn't change my ability to update the Control Center.)

Thanks for any help!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 11:32 AM

Please note that on this page, it states the following:

"For Mac Users: Please note that Control Center 4 is Windows software and is not designed for Mac. To download the scanner software for Mac please click here, then select your model of machine, select your version of the Mac OS and select scanner driver. For detailed instructions click here."

In particular, take note of that third link above.

I hope this helps. Let me know. Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2019 11:32 AM in response to Border Heeler

Please note that on this page, it states the following:

"For Mac Users: Please note that Control Center 4 is Windows software and is not designed for Mac. To download the scanner software for Mac please click here, then select your model of machine, select your version of the Mac OS and select scanner driver. For detailed instructions click here."

In particular, take note of that third link above.

I hope this helps. Let me know. Thanks!

Mar 30, 2019 4:29 PM in response to WordWeaver777

That was helpful - it was a more complete set of installation instructions than I had. In particular, it said to reboot the machine after installation of the drivers. Unfortunately, nothing changed after I rebooted. So I am only assuming that my current drivers are up to date. I admit to being confused, though, because the release dates for the Control Center (i.e., scanner driver - it is an all-in-one machine) and printer driver I downloaded were both in October 2018, and my Control center copyright date is 2016. I guess as long as it continues to work, though, I am OK.

Latest Brother Control Center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.