Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover my iPhone 8’s restriction passcode?

My iPhone 8 has a restriction passcode but I had forgot it.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 2:26 PM

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Parental controls

If that doesn't work, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2019 2:26 PM in response to DaniBoiIsWierd

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Parental controls

If that doesn't work, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

How can I recover my iPhone 8’s restriction passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.