Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone says "Device Management". When would iPhone present you option of "Profiles" or "Profiles & Device Management"?

Is the naming of the feature changed overtime through iOS updates or are there certain instances where the naming changes?

I am asking this question because I am making instructions to teach people how to trust my app. I don't want to confuse people when this feature name is different among different versions of iOS.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 3:28 PM

The option of 'Profiles & Device Management' would show up when the device is initially set up if it has been enrolled through DEP.

If your application is downloaded from somewhere other than the App Store then the user will have to go into Settings -> General -> Device Management -> Click on your developer name -> and Trust the application.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2019 3:28 PM in response to vinnyn98x

The option of 'Profiles & Device Management' would show up when the device is initially set up if it has been enrolled through DEP.

If your application is downloaded from somewhere other than the App Store then the user will have to go into Settings -> General -> Device Management -> Click on your developer name -> and Trust the application.

My phone says "Device Management". When would iPhone present you option of "Profiles" or "Profiles & Device Management"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.