You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign out is not available due to restrictions

I cannot "Sign Out" an AppleID on an IPad Pro (iOS 12.2 16E227). I recently created an AppleID for a child (under 13) to be used on an old IPad mini. I signed into my IPad Pro with the child's AppleID and now I cannot sign out. "Sign out is not available due to restrictions" and "Sign Out" is not selectable. I need MY AppleID back on the IPad Pro. I have tried EVERYTHING, including 'Restore backup.' I have changed all the 'Content and Privacy Restrictions' within the 'Screen Time' Setting menu. Nothing. How do I Sign out a child's AppleID from this IPad Pro so I can use my own AppleID again.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 30, 2019 8:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 10:37 AM

Turn off Screentime (on by default) and then turn the iPad off and on.

4 replies

Mar 31, 2019 10:56 AM in response to Eric Root

Initially I did not wish to try the "erase all data and settings." But had no choice. Completed the "erase all data and settings." Then restored from the back-up on my mac. It was again asking for my child's AppleID. I was stuck signing on with my child's AppleID. But this time the "Sign Out" bar was not greyed out and I was able to sign-out of my child's AppleID and sign in with my own AppleID.

Sign out is not available due to restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.