Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon cr3 photo imports

When I import photo from a Canon rp camera as a cr3 raw file into photos, photo appears out of focus. When loaded into the Canon DPP program, same photo now appears sharp. It appears Apple’s raw file support is broken.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 9:42 AM

As of March 19, 2019 Canon EOS RP is not on the list:

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 12 and macOS Mojave

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208967

9 replies

Apr 1, 2019 10:14 AM in response to Neilt11

No problem. I've never had a camera with dual pixel raw support. I don't know much about it either but as far as I understand it, dual pixel raw allows us to adjust focus (just a tad) during post process. What I was saying earlier was that since the 2 cameras produce slightly different raw format, the raw from EOS RP may need to be re-certified.

Apr 10, 2019 7:56 PM in response to ShagCA

I am running the latest Mojave OS and shooting the Canon EOS R with Raw files (CR3) which is listed in the list of camera file supported by Mojave. When I try to import the CR3 files into my Apple Phots app, the "files" download, but there is no image, just a blank white picture with a question mark on each file. When I try to open the file, nothing happens. The Get Info shows a file with the expected 20-30 MD, but no camera or lens metadata.

May 26, 2019 11:37 PM in response to Neilt11

Still not possible to upload CR3 files from my Canon RP.

Only the R is mentioned on Apple’s list, not the RP.

Is there any clue as how long it will still take for the RP’s CR3 files to be handled by Apple Photos?

It’s a shame that it has already taken this long.

Especially while Apple is the standard in the graphic world.

Or so I thought.

Your comments and/or update are highly appreciated .

Canon cr3 photo imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.