Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rotated photos disappear

Mac

Mojave 10.14.1

Photos 4.0

When I go to view my photos (Photos selected under "Library," I can see them all. However, if I "open" a photo by double clicking it, and then rotate the photo, it disappears and goes to a different photo. If I then double click on the photo that replaced it, so that I can see all photos again, I can see the photo that I rotated. However, if I double click on it to open it, it opens for a split second, and then goes to the earlier photo that replaced it. This happens on all photos that I rotated today.

I tried repairing the library (by holding down option-command while launching Photos, but it doesn't seem to help.

One other fact--I have FatCatSoftware's PowerPhotos 1.5.8 installed on this iMac.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

iMac, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 2:00 AM

I looks like the thumbnails of the photos in your library need updating.

Have you already tried to repair the library? Rotating usually will replace the wrong thumbnail by the correct thumbnail as well.

How to Rebuild Thumbnails in a Photos Lib… - Apple Community

How did you use Power Photos? It could not have damaged your library, because it is using the programmatic interface of Photos to apply changes.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2019 2:00 AM in response to J Joyner

I looks like the thumbnails of the photos in your library need updating.

Have you already tried to repair the library? Rotating usually will replace the wrong thumbnail by the correct thumbnail as well.

How to Rebuild Thumbnails in a Photos Lib… - Apple Community

How did you use Power Photos? It could not have damaged your library, because it is using the programmatic interface of Photos to apply changes.

Apr 1, 2019 6:43 PM in response to léonie

It seems that simply rotating the photo again did the trick. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

In the Photos section of this forum, someone suggested that I update to the most current version of Mojave, which I intend to do.

Last, I use PowerPhotos mostly just to look for duplicates.

Thanks again for your help.

Rotated photos disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.