Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad mini 5 has a yellowish

How do I change it to white or bluish white?

Posted on Mar 31, 2019 9:39 PM

14 replies

Apr 6, 2019 5:40 AM in response to elisa808

Elisa my new iPad mini 5 is also yellowish. In fact it is yellowish and greenish. I know color balance well. As a serious photographer for many years I can easily tell when white is not pure white. Unfortunately it's so bad that my technically and photographically clueless (said affectionately) notices it. Skin colors as a result look awful, and the pink/magentas normally present in skin is muted, making skin tones look lifeless or if done with poor makeup choices. 😖😖😖

Next to my iPad mini 4 my new iPad mini 5 also has other display issues. The viewings angles are worse, meaning the screen gets significantly darker when viewed at an angle compared to the mini 4. Also, the mini 5's display has a lower white level, which means that colors are less saturated and contrast is weaker, meaning images and videos look significantly duller and flatter. Ugh! 😖😖😖

I’m going to create another thread with more details provided but I will also check in on this one. The more people let it be known the better.

Apr 8, 2019 6:54 PM in response to Taxes

Hello Taxes, I'm no photographer and I can see that the screen is darker/yellowish and yes it gets worse when viewed at an angle. My other iPads has the same white screen viewed on all angles. Anyway I took my iPad back to the Apple store where I bought it less than a week and they told me that the iPad mini 5 was set up this way. There is nothing they can do. They even open a new unit for me to compare and it was the same. I want to return it but they will not let me. So I'm stuck with it.

my ipad mini 5 has a yellowish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.