Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Won't Power Up and Stay On

My Ipod was working fine until I got back from a vacation. The device had been off and not used for over a week. I tried to turn the device on by pushing the power button and all it shows is the "Apple" logo on a black screen for a few seconds and then goes back off. I have tried to charge the device up by plugging it into a power outlet and using the USB port on my computer. It is not recognized on my computer and still will not come on.

iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 3:03 PM

I was finally able to get my Ipod back on and working. I connected it to my computer, opened up iTunes and had to press and hold the home and power button until it showed a connection. After several attempts to "update" the device I finally had to "restore" the device. It took a while but it has been working fine (for now).

Thanks for the information!!!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2019 3:03 PM in response to MichelPM

I was finally able to get my Ipod back on and working. I connected it to my computer, opened up iTunes and had to press and hold the home and power button until it showed a connection. After several attempts to "update" the device I finally had to "restore" the device. It took a while but it has been working fine (for now).

Thanks for the information!!!!

Apr 1, 2019 7:57 PM in response to dwana1115

A 5th generation iPod Touch is a nearly 7-year old iDevice, now.

Seems like the iPod battery is failing or has failed and the battery and your iPod Touch maybe dead.

You need to bring your iPod Touch into your nearest “local” Appe Store for diagnosis, evaluation and possible options.

IF Apple Store employees determines your iPod battery failed, an out of warranty battery replacement, for an iPod, is $79 U.S.D., plus tax.

To expedite customer service, at Apple’s/Apple Store’s own discretion, they may, or may NOT, offer you a replacement, refurbished iPod Touch, of your same model, as an option, for the $79 battery replacement fee.

The refurbished iPod is not a guarantee, but decided on a store to store basis.

Good Luck to You!

Ipod Won't Power Up and Stay On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.