Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon USA SIM card in my iphone 8 plus bought from India does not work

Dear Apple Customer Care, need help, I try to use the Verizon SIM in my iPhone 8 Plus bought from India, visited Verizon store, replace the SIM, connect apple care but still my US SIM is not working? Request urgent help. It shows network for some time only.

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 1, 2019 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 6:26 AM

Hi Subikusu,

We appreciate the reply. If you're seeing the same issue with two different Verizon SIM cards, and another carrier's SIM card seems to work as expected, that does help to narrow things down.

To clarify, is your device unlocked? Knowing this would be important in working out what's happening.

Regarding the "No Service" alert, I recommend working through this step-by-step. Some of the steps here, like updating your carrier settings, may be useful for this issue: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2019 6:26 AM in response to Subikusu

Hi Subikusu,

We appreciate the reply. If you're seeing the same issue with two different Verizon SIM cards, and another carrier's SIM card seems to work as expected, that does help to narrow things down.

To clarify, is your device unlocked? Knowing this would be important in working out what's happening.

Regarding the "No Service" alert, I recommend working through this step-by-step. Some of the steps here, like updating your carrier settings, may be useful for this issue: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

Take care.

Apr 2, 2019 6:20 PM in response to Subikusu

Hello Subikusu,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I see your post about your SIM and I'm glad to help.

If I understand correctly, you have an iPhone that was purchased in India and you're unable to use it with a Verizon SIM card. Is that right?

What exactly happens when you try using the SIM from Verizon? If you get an error, what does it say?

While your best steps are going to depend on the error you see, there are a few possibilities. This will be a great starting point: If you get an alert about the SIM card in your iPhone

As another possibility, was your iPhone unlocked by your carrier in India prior to inserting the SIM card? If not, that may explain the issue. In that case, you'd need to contact the carrier that the device is locked to to see about unlocking it: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

I hope this helps get you started.

Kind regards.

Apr 2, 2019 6:36 PM in response to Subikusu

Dear Less, thanks a lot for your help, when ever i am using Verizon SIM, for a few second I see there is network shows and then it goes off and shows no service. Even in case I take out the SIm and put it back it does the same.

Currently when I am using the Indian SIM which is on T&T networks it is working fine.

I visited Verizon for the same, they checked and even replace the SIM, the phone 8 Plus shows compatibility with Verizon network but does not work.

I also visited Apple service center and advised to reset the phone and I tried the same.

request some expert advice what to do, regrads

subhash

Verizon USA SIM card in my iphone 8 plus bought from India does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.