Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the maximum capacity of battery is 99%?

I have bought my iphone XR for 3 months, but the maximum capacity is 99%. I remembered it was 100% initially. So could anyone tell me how to deal with? Should I go to the apple store for a testing? Thank you. In addition, can I swap a new phone shell as my phone shell are impaired. Thank you.

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 7:50 AM

Batteries degrade over time. It's just how they are. It happens to all Lithium-ion batteries. It affects all devices that has Lithium-ion batteries in them, including phones, laptop computers, tablets, electric cars and so on.

If you want your battery to last as long as possible, there are a few things you can do to reduce the wear on the battery. You want to avoid letting it drop below 30%, and avoid charging above 80%. These things causes significant wear over time. Keeping the battery between 30-80% will make it last a lot longer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2019 7:50 AM in response to pyhhy

Batteries degrade over time. It's just how they are. It happens to all Lithium-ion batteries. It affects all devices that has Lithium-ion batteries in them, including phones, laptop computers, tablets, electric cars and so on.

If you want your battery to last as long as possible, there are a few things you can do to reduce the wear on the battery. You want to avoid letting it drop below 30%, and avoid charging above 80%. These things causes significant wear over time. Keeping the battery between 30-80% will make it last a lot longer.

Apr 2, 2019 3:39 AM in response to pyhhy

There's no need to test it.

First of all, sometimes iOS displays this percentage incorrectly.

Second, Li-Ion batteries can lose first 5-8% of its capacity very quick and stay on the same level of the capacity for a very long period of time then.

Third, how does the battery degrade, really depends on your usage and how many cycles your battery have been through.

You do not have to worry about the battery unless it reaches 80% of its capacity, Apple says. So just enjoy your iPhone XR.

Why the maximum capacity of battery is 99%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.