Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 9.0 (6194) slideshow jumps to original slide

Since upgrading to Keynote 9.0 (6194) I have the following bug that is reproducible:

1. Start slide show from any slide (call it slide X)
  2. Use keynote as usual.
  3. At some point, after waiting a certain amount of time (between 5 seconds and a couple of minutes), the slide displayed will jump to slide X without any interaction on my part. If I am using presenter display, then presenter display has no indication that the wrong slide is being displayed. If I do anything to advance the slide deck, then the next slide to display comes up (as if it had never been showing slide X). This happens if I do the slideshow on my laptop screen or on the projector. It happens with new keynote documents and already existing keynote documents.

Hardware: MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 5:46 AM

6 replies

Apr 10, 2019 6:45 AM in response to Talk2pj

Workaround:

1. Put your Keynote file in iCloud (wait until it uploads).
  2. Sign in to iCloud in your browser.
  3. Find the file in iCloud Drive and click on it. It will open in Keynote in your browser.
  4. Click the spanner at the top.
  5. Click 'Download a copy'.
  6. You'll see 'Choose a download format'. Choose 'PowerPoint'.
  7. When it downloads, open in PPT and check formatting, transitions, animations. Some of mine changed.
  8. Present in PPT :o)

Apr 9, 2019 10:57 PM in response to Jamie Curmi

I'm on Keynote 9.0.1 and still isn't fixed for me. I reinstalled MacOS (latest Mojave), and even bought a new MacBook Pro, but issue persists even on the new one. Now some of my Keynote files seem corrupted – won't open at all. When they try to open, I get a partial black screen and/or a transparent window and strange behaviour on screen: dragging windows around leaves trails of the window borders, and the dock icons leave trails, too. They disappear when I quit Keynote. Apple Support are investigating for me.

Keynote 9.0 (6194) slideshow jumps to original slide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.