Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does HomePod keep disconnecting from my Apple ID?

Just bought a HomePod. Every few hours, it fails to play music because "I'm having trouble with music. Please check the account details associated in the Home app associated with this HomePod."

Why isn't it staying signed in to the Apple ID I've been using for decades? I'm not sure, but it seems to happen whenever I return to that room with my iPhone.

In the Home app, I can't even find the Apple ID sign-in area Siri refers to. The Home screen just says "Some accessories can not access your Apple Music acco..." And the Details > button only shows my HomePod with no other info. Really, Apple?

Where are these settings? Well, it turns out the UI comes and goes whenever the Home app feels like it.

I looks like HomePod is assuming I must have an Apple Music account, which I don't. How do I hide that feature like can be done in iTunes?

It also keeps saying my Apple ID or password are incorrect. That's not true. They're always correct. HomePod & the Home app simply aren't maintaining a session.

This is a crippling bug.

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 1:38 PM

Get to know HomePod by reading the articles listed above and this

Change settings for HomePod

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208341

if you have an Apple TV it can be used as an audio source for that

2 replies

Apr 2, 2019 1:36 PM in response to Scenario

it just does that from time to time. I know it’s not ideal but few of us can ever figure out why it fails to respond to our queries.

You can troubleshoot your wifi connection though. Things like unplug your wifi router for a minute etc and even just unplugging HomePod for a few seconds can often correct this, it’s ok to unplug it.

You can’t hide your apple account or Apple ID from HomePod. It needs it to function.

you might need an Apple Music subscription to use some features , like playlists or play songs you don’t own. It’s a free 3 month trial ... cancel before the trial ends so you’re not charged once the trial ends, if you don’t wish to keep it,

To bring up HomePod settings in the home app . Go to HomePod Icon and long press on it , choose settings in the bottom right corner and scroll through that. There you will see your Apple ID - Verify it’s correct.

Confirm you have these settings in place:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208241

Get started

Why does HomePod keep disconnecting from my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.