Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud login

Hi I have a late 2013 iMac. I noticed the photos were not syncing between my phone and the Mac. I tried various things including logging out of iCloud on the Mac and now I can’t log back in.

I have changed the iCloud ID and password in case that helps, but nothing.

I get get the iCloud login screen but when I enter the password the wheel spins and I just stay at the password screen. Same for FaceTime. Seems to be related specifically to one user account.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks,

William

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 2, 2019 4:14 PM

6 replies

Apr 3, 2019 7:00 PM in response to JemimaS

Hey JemimaS,

I understand you're experiencing an issue with iCloud and FaceTime signing in along with syncing photos on one specific account. I'd be happy to help out.

In this situation, since you've isolated it to one account, I suggest using the steps here:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to look at the steps under "If the issue doesn't happen in the other account".

Cheers!

Apr 4, 2019 10:15 AM in response to JemimaS

in user library > keychain the files are never deleted it will corrupt the keychain consult senior advisors in apple support https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201232

The photos are not uploading see this article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204570

What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?

If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, photos and videos won't upload to iCloud and your library won’t stay up to date across your devices. To continue using iCloud Photos, upgrade your storage plan or reduce the amount of storage that you're using.

Reduce the storage for iCloud Photos by deleting photos and videos that you don't want to keep from your iOS devices or on iCloud.com. Your device will immediately remove any photos and videos that you delete and they won't be available for recovery in your Recently Deleted album.

If you're out of storage, your devices won't back up to iCloud, and new photos, videos, documents, and your information won't stay up to date.

Apr 4, 2019 9:34 AM in response to JemimaS

Have you set up iCloud Keychain , after signing out from system preferences > iCloud what steps were followed , do you know the six digit iCloud verification code , which Apple ID are you using , is it example1@gmail.com or example2@icloud.com any screen shot please post ( hide your mail address ) .

Apr 4, 2019 10:01 AM in response to tygb

Hi literally just 5 mins ago I tried deleting all the files in the keychain folder for the offending account (after copying them to a new folder), rebooted and it seems to work now.

I never actually use keychain but it seems to have been the issue so I have now turned off keychain within iCloud.

Your help has been greatly appreciated!

You might have seen another post with the same issue - I thought the first one hadn’t posted properly.

Thanks again. The Mac is now uploading all the photos so I’ll know in some hours that all is properly OK.

thanks again!

ICloud login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.