Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a guest sign into Apple Music on a Mac?

My wife has an Apple Music family plan subscription. I am a guest on that plan. I want to listen to music on my own Mac, but it’s telling me I am not signed in. How do I listen to Apple Music on my Mac when I am not the primary user on the account?

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 3:14 PM

If you are using the Apple Music Family plan, then you just need to make sure that iTunes on the Mac is signed in to the Apple ID that was invited to the Family Group.

See here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

There is no such thing as "guest" in Apple Music, just users. As long as the Apple ID was invited to the Family Group that has the Apple Music Family Plan and accepted the invitation, it can be accessed on any device that Apple ID is signed into.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2019 3:14 PM in response to jrkrockstar

If you are using the Apple Music Family plan, then you just need to make sure that iTunes on the Mac is signed in to the Apple ID that was invited to the Family Group.

See here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

There is no such thing as "guest" in Apple Music, just users. As long as the Apple ID was invited to the Family Group that has the Apple Music Family Plan and accepted the invitation, it can be accessed on any device that Apple ID is signed into.

Can a guest sign into Apple Music on a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.