Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print pdf attachment in email without opening it

I get a ton of emails with pdf files that I need to print out the pdf and not the email. On my old desktop you could right click the attachment and select print. I've switched over to Mac and that's not an option when I click the attachment. I have to open the attachment and then print which is time consuming when I have a ton of emails.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 5:28 AM

Open up the System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Click on the default printer icon under printers, and drag/drop it onto your Dock immediately below where it would be comfortable to drag and drop an email PDF attachment onto that Dock printer icon. A small print queue window will appear showing the progress of the print operation, and then it will close.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2019 5:28 AM in response to tm6668

Open up the System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Click on the default printer icon under printers, and drag/drop it onto your Dock immediately below where it would be comfortable to drag and drop an email PDF attachment onto that Dock printer icon. A small print queue window will appear showing the progress of the print operation, and then it will close.

Print pdf attachment in email without opening it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.