Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Add-in for Outlook 365

I recently purchased a new laptop and as part of the setup, decided to "upgrade" from Outlook 2016 to Outlook in Office 365. I installed iCloud for Windows and in the iCloud control panel tell it to include Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks with Outlook. When I apply those changes, I get a message saying:

"Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your Outlook settings and try again."

When I check the Outlook settings, my Comcast email account IS configured as the default profile (which it was for 5 years with my old laptop which worked fine with Office 2010 and 2016). I've tried changing the default profile to another email account, but no difference.

I really just like using the iCloud add-in to keep my contacts and calendars in sync with my iPhone. Not really concerned about email or tasks.

Can anyone help?

iPhone X, 12

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 9:33 AM

Just answered my own question. This post lists specific steps to resolve the problem and now everything is working great.

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud Add-in for Outlook 365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.