Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have an iPhone SE that I bought a year ago. All the sudden the portrait orientation setting is missing and the portrait orientation will not work when I turn the phone to the side.

iPhone SE portrait orientation suddenly not working and missing in settings

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 4, 2019 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2019 5:04 AM

If the option is not displayed at all, that sounds like an accelerometer issue to me (hardware issue). If your phone is still under warranty, and even if it's not, try to contact an Apple Store or an Apple Authorised Service Provider in your area first. If that doesn't help, there are also third party alternatives. :) Repair cost might differ from one option to the other. So I'll let you decide what's best for you. But try to get your phone to an Apple Store or an AASP first. See what they have to say about it. Maybe it's not hardware and I'm completely wrong. In which case, I'm sorry. But it does sound like a hardware issue to me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2019 5:04 AM in response to Oppsiphoneproblemsand

If the option is not displayed at all, that sounds like an accelerometer issue to me (hardware issue). If your phone is still under warranty, and even if it's not, try to contact an Apple Store or an Apple Authorised Service Provider in your area first. If that doesn't help, there are also third party alternatives. :) Repair cost might differ from one option to the other. So I'll let you decide what's best for you. But try to get your phone to an Apple Store or an AASP first. See what they have to say about it. Maybe it's not hardware and I'm completely wrong. In which case, I'm sorry. But it does sound like a hardware issue to me.

Hi, I have an iPhone SE that I bought a year ago. All the sudden the portrait orientation setting is missing and the portrait orientation will not work when I turn the phone to the side.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.