Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless disconnection

Hi Guys im a new user of macbook pro and i have a problem with my macbookpro a1502 13" i7 16 gb ram OS Movaje 10.14.04 that always disconnect from the wireless.

I have the problem in all the access point, family router that i connect. Im navigating and suddenly my wifi disconect and reconnect.

I made a pram and smc reset but the problem still happen, I deleted the connections remembered and created again but the problem persist.

Can someone tell me whats going on? or where can i check, i don't see errors in the logs or i can't find.

Regards

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 12:04 PM

Is it low signal? Have you tried connecting to another router? Do you have the same issue on other devices connected to the same WiFi network?

My first guess here would be that there might be an issue with the router, or the amount of people connected to the same router. :) So...in order to test that, you would need to try a different router in a different place.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2019 12:04 PM in response to pabloalfonzo

Is it low signal? Have you tried connecting to another router? Do you have the same issue on other devices connected to the same WiFi network?

My first guess here would be that there might be an issue with the router, or the amount of people connected to the same router. :) So...in order to test that, you would need to try a different router in a different place.

Apr 6, 2019 12:36 PM in response to pabloalfonzo

You can get a snapshot of how your Wi-Fi connection is doing by holding the option key while clicking on the Wi-Fi Icon on the Menubar. It looks something like this one:

Pots your screenshot ar answer these =questions:

what do you have for PHY Mode and Channel?

what do you have for RSSI/signal strength? (and at what distance from your Router)

what do you have for Transmit Rate and MCS Index?

and very important, how many Networks are shown in total?

Wireless disconnection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.