Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"an error occurred while copying the windows installation files" - Please help. Cannot install windows 10 on iMac

Hello,

I tried to install windows 10 but i keep getting "an error occurred while copying the windows installation files" and at the same time, it would also ask me to sign in to allow bootcamp to make changes. but when i put in my pass, nothing would happen because the "an error occurred while copying the windows installation files" happens. I was on high serrria. But now I'm trying to update to newest OS Mojave to see if it will work. I use the ISO from the windows 10 website. 5.39gb space. I think I unmounted it from disc utility. It is now gray under disk images.

Should I even be trying to update to the newest OS?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 6, 2019 4:02 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 6, 2019 4:18 PM in response to Loner T

Hello,

I believe I have already tried it. It said that it was not the 64x version or needed a later version but I will try again and write out exactly what the error was but it did not even pass the page into partitioning. thank you so much for helping!

Would you like for me to finish installing the newest OS? or keep it where I am at high sierra.

Edit: it says "Need 64 bit windows 10 or later ISO file. Boot camp only supports 64 bit windows 10 or later installation on this platform. please use an ISO file for 64 bit windows 10 or later instillation"

I did use 64 bit.

"an error occurred while copying the windows installation files" - Please help. Cannot install windows 10 on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.