Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music subscription

My daughter has Apple Music which I pay £10 a month for.

I have just signed up to the family sharing and have included her in this. Do I need to cancel her subscription??

thabks

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 7, 2019 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2019 2:10 AM

When your daughter joins a Family Sharing group that has an Apple Music Family subscription, then her personal subscription should be canceled automatically (same Apple ID). It will expire at the end of her current billing period.

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

“If someone already has Apple Music as an Individual or Student, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the Family.”

But it is good to verify that, on her account. A subscription that has been canceled, but not yet expired, would list an expiry date, instead of a next billing date. View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2019 2:10 AM in response to juliefromsheffield

When your daughter joins a Family Sharing group that has an Apple Music Family subscription, then her personal subscription should be canceled automatically (same Apple ID). It will expire at the end of her current billing period.

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

“If someone already has Apple Music as an Individual or Student, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the Family.”

But it is good to verify that, on her account. A subscription that has been canceled, but not yet expired, would list an expiry date, instead of a next billing date. View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.