Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete documents and data from Safari

I have more than 2gb in my documents and data in Safari and no way of deleting that I can find. All website and browsing info is gone yet no difference. Have been searching for advice online but no joy. Please help!

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 11:27 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I should have clarified that this is Safari on my iphone. I was using wetransfer.com to send a file to someone and it ended up in my Safari Documents & Data. Which I cannot access or delete.

Perhaps it will disappear after 7 days? Are there any apps which would let me get into Safari to delete it?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2019 11:27 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I should have clarified that this is Safari on my iphone. I was using wetransfer.com to send a file to someone and it ended up in my Safari Documents & Data. Which I cannot access or delete.

Perhaps it will disappear after 7 days? Are there any apps which would let me get into Safari to delete it?

Apr 10, 2019 11:06 AM in response to priyacha

Hello priyacha,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're seeing 2 GB of storage used by your Safari app, and I'm glad to help.

To clarify, where on your Mac are you seeing this reported? Also, which Mac model and macOS version are you running? You can check your version by clicking Apple menu () > About This Mac.

It sounds like you've already clicked Safari > Clear History and have removed all history and website data; is that right? Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Are you using Safari in iCloud? You can check by clicking Apple menu () > iCloud.

I hope this helps get you started.

Kind regards.

Delete documents and data from Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.